Senior Expert Procurement Projects
Location: Stavanger ID: HQ00008953
Senior Expert Procurement Projects
- The Senior Expert Procurement Projects acts as the main contact on a "day-to-day" versus the Project Organization (Project Owner, Project Manager, Asset Development Manager) for all relevant procurement activities during the term of project.
- Coordinate and develop key contracting strategies for the project and support establishment of Project Execution Plan (PEP)
- Plan, implement, execute and manage all assigned project procurement activities and services:
- Build-up and maintain relationships with selected key suppliers on management level to assure business interaction
- Lead project tender process (identification of suppliers, application of frame contracts, challenging specifications, tender evaluations, proposal and alignment of supplier short list for negotiations, negotiation and contracting)
- Definition of contract content, in alignment, with PM, Legal, Insurance, Tax, HSEQ and other involved stakeholder
- Manage and/or supervise day-to-day transactions according to the defined guidelines
- Main Accountabilities:
- Define overall dedicated contracting strategy to assure most effective utilization of financial resources
- Ensures initial Market Impact Analysis and risk assessment is conducted as input into contract/procurement strategy
- Manage records of perfomance and make available on a common drive to all beneficiaries
- Manages changes with suppliers and raise claims against suppliers in case of unsatisfactory quality of services, materials or equipment supplied
- Constantly assesses and monitors processes, framework and KPI’s as well as performance of external suppliers and provides recommendations towards internal organization to facilitate a permanent improvement of project performance
- Planning and forecasting duties:
- Support and develop project specific procurement plan in order to cover all requirements determined by the project supply plan including capacity planning.
- Reports actual and provides forecasts for the assigned project on quarterly basis, and if required ad hoc
- Plans the optimal assignment of resources for services, aligned with the department management
- Delegates responsibilities, assigns objectives to OP/CM team leads and project procurement team members, 3rd parties engineering contractors
- Defines objectives, tasks, action plans and project team members responsibilities and provides clear instructions, monitoring and evaluation of the results.
- Stakeholder Management with internal and external interfaces (Project Management, Legal, Insurance, Tax, Supplier Market, HSE, Risk Management, etc.)
- Reporting to local Procurement Manager in regards of governance, functionally to Head of Project Procurement,if such a specific role is in place or otherwise a decided by project for all project related tasks.
- Reporting to project line organization in regard of progress
- Required profile / Professional experience
- Broad background in operational procurement activities as well as project management skills
- Industry knowledge: E&P production & engineering principles, methods and trends in Supply Chain Management and their applicability within E&P, current developments of the main suppliers market
- Experience from similar project(s) and indepth knowledge of contracting standards, preferably on NCS standard.
- Commercial, technical, legal and project management knowledge
- Seniority to act as counterpart towards OMV management and vendors top management
- Good communication and presentation skills; intercultural awareness
- Shall be a "teamplayer" and have the skills to coordinate teams / resources
- Shall be a "doer" in terms of developing, writing and compiling contracting documents in offshore upstream environment.
- Language skills: Norwegian and English (business fluent).
- IT skills/ application of SAP, MS Office and project procurement applications