Senior Mechanical Engineer
Location: Oslo ID: HQ00008909
Senior Mechanical Engineer
- Take lead in all phases of projects from concept development, tender, bids, FEEDs, construction, commissioning, execution, modification to completion
- Advice to offshore operations on improvements and problem solving as well as develop offshore modification work packages as requested from Technical Queries and Management of Change requests
- Responsible for handling all mechanical equipment related to the production facilities on the FPSO, including:
- Preparation of mechanical philosophies, specifications and data sheets, etc.
- Select, in agreement with the Engineering Manager, the right configuration of machinery for power, compression, pumping arrangements etc.
- Ensure that the design meets regulatory, class, client and corporate requirements
- Preparation of purchase requisition documentation for various packages and equipment
- Actively contribute to Mechanical discipline activities
- Coordinate, plan and schedule Mechanical activities
- Actively drive the development of relevant RFQ’s for yards as well as equipment packages
- Review vendor documentation to ensure compliance with project requirements
- Work closely with and actively support Supply Chain, Estimation, Planning and other project teams
- Review and approve deliverables from suppliers and contractors including participation at Factory Acceptance test.
- Lead technical clarifications towards clients, sub suppliers, class and yard
- Support the Asset Management Teams as well as offshore Units as required
- Master’s degree in Engineering
- Bachelor’s degree or long relevant experience may replace formal education
- Ideally 15+ years of relevant experience within the offshore industry.
- Minimum 5 years of experience within the FPSO industry
- Solid rotating machinery experience especially with large gas centrifugal compressors, reciprocating compressors, screw compressors, gas turbine generators, process pumps including large water injection pumps.
- Knowledge of machinery ancillary support mechanism including mechanical seals, seal gas systems and other associated systems is required.
- Experience with Static equipment like pressure vessels, heat exchangers like shell and tube, plate/frame and PCHEs will be advantageous.
- Knowledge of relevant international codes and practices for both static and rotating machinery will be expected.
- Team player with the ability to lead
- Proactive and able to work independently, applying a structured and systematic approach
- Strong communication skills and the ability to ask relevant questions and provide thorough explanations
- Ability to deliver high quality work on time
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary/multinational environment
- Understand the various engineering disciplines and their interaction
- Good understanding and knowledge of the FPSO topside process systems
- Good knowledge of the different mechanical equipment
- Fluent in English (oral and written)
- The position may require temporary assignments at project premises or on-board units