Location: Stavanger ID: HQ00008378
- Review and analyse purchase requisitions for completeness and accuracy, and source the supply of materials/service from existing contract portfolio or establishes new sourcing relationship(s).
- Determine the method of sourcing – be it competitive bidding or via priced Frame Agreements.
- Prepare bid specifications, issue bid requests and review quotations and purchase.
- Identify and select supplier to procure requisitioned commodities, meeting criteria such as price, quantity, quality and delivery date and places orders.
- Understand requesting departments needs and develop/refine specifications and/or source for materials/services in conjunction with Contract Advisors or Procurement Managers – whilst working to achieve lowest possible total cost of ownership (TCO)
- Process purchasing transactions according to policies, procedures and processes.
- Manage delivery of material and services in accordance with expectations, and expedite delivery on a non-routine basis in agreement with the internal client.
- Manage purchasing performance in accordance with KPIs and targets set by the Purchasing Manager.
- Resolves purchasing problems between department and vendor in a service minded and solution orientated manner .
- Interprets purchasing procedures for Internal clients and external vendors, sometimes as a specialist in assigned material categories, which require a degree of technical knowledge. Assists personnel with making requisitions, and helps to solve procurement problems.
- Champions compliance with established procurement processes out in the BUs.
- Provide guidance and assistance to Purchasers.
- Be familiar with company’s contract portfolio within segment.
- Follow up of Contracts/suppliers as agreed with Purchasing Manager and in the context of the Management of Contract procedure.
- Work with Purchasing Manager to develop purchasing plan
- BSc in SCM or equivalent experience
- Experience within procurement/purchasing as Buyer minimum 5 year
- Experience from supplier/customer side
- Relevant experience from purchasing in a range of typical O&G category equipment or services .
- Plan and follow up Vendor/Contract administration
- Highly skilled in SAP
- Well-founded knowledge of industry purchasing practices and procedures.
- Well-founded knowledge of relevant types of materials, products, and services for the assigned areas of Procurement and how to source these for use at the appropriate locations.
- Preparation of specifications and assessment of simple bids.
- Well- founded knowledge of material management, warehouse operations and logistics within Companys ERP tool.
- Experienced in Continuous improvement