Senior Mechanical PRE engineer
Location: Haugesund ID: HQ00008375
Senior Mechanical PRE engineer – Engineering for Procurement
- Assist systems engineering in defining required mechanical equipment
- Establish datasheets for equipment and Technical Requisition document.
- Hold technical clarifications with vendors and assist in vendor selection process
- Hold kick off meetings with vendors and perform FATs
- Supplier documentation review and approval
- Handle inquiries from Client and 3rd party regarding equipment packages.
- Master Degree or bachelor degree
- Long relevant work experience may compensate for lack of formal education.
- Experience from working in multidiscipline engineering teams in EPC projects as mechanical package responsible engineer (PRE)
- Experience with offshore HVDC substation projects would be preferred
- Experience from both rotating and static mechanical equipment packages.
- Experience from seawater lift pumps would be an advantage
- Experience with follow-up of sub-suppliers, bid clarification meetings, kick off meetings and FATs.
- Min 3 years experience working as package responsible equipment.
- Ability to work independently and thorough as well as ability to work in team
- Multidiscipline understanding
- Good communication skills
- Have a high loyalty to deadlines and quality requirements
- Be proactive, seeking advice and share own experiences with others
- Communicate well in English – both oral and in writing
- Willingness to travel when required
- Ability to understand new rules and regulations