IT Applications Analyst
Location: Stavanger ID: HQ00008353
IT Applications Analyst
- Provide application functional support to super users and end users as agreed.
- Ensure agreed changes to the Systems are progressed and that necessary change and test processes are performed.
- Clarifying business demands such that they can be efficiency met by the IT delivery organization.
- Ensure application issues are resolved in accordance with agreed SLA.
- Ensure general IT application administrative activities are performed
- Typical activities
- Propose application upgrades / modifications to the System Manager based on requirements from System Owner (s) and super users
- Ensure processes for identify incident trends exist and corrections are imple-mented as agreed.
- Understand super-users training needs and recommend training plan
- Ensure training are provided as agreed
- Participate in application user forums when agreed.
- Support in-systems workflows as agreed
- Contribute during testing of applications.
- Perform reporting as agreed.
- Provide IT budget input as agreed.
- Give Input to System Manager regarding future improvements and enhance-ments.
- Ensure System Documentation is maintained and kept up to date.
- Together with System Manager and System Owner; build application road map.
- Monitor license usage and propose changes when appropriate.
- Identify IT problems based on incident trends.
- Recommend System training.
- Recommend modifications within Systems
- Accountability metrics
- IT application SLA monitored.
- IT training performed according to plan.
- IT application documentation up to date.
- More than 5 years of experience supporting application portfolio for Oil & Gas companies.
- Self-driven resource, able to identify work to be done, and evaluate cost saving activities and important task with regards to critical business requirements.
- Delivery and support of business-important IT systems, in corporations with local and global vendors.
- Capable of understanding the whole value chain of the delivery
- High level of trouble shooting and analysis skills
- Assist with major changes (projects) to IT applications.
- Must be capable to take lead on problem management, changes and handle other ITIL pro-cesses.
- Candidate must be able to receive a task and take ownership and carry out what is needed to deliver within the procedures in the company.
- Required specialized IT skills within: Geology, Reservoir, Petro physical and/or Geophysical interpretation applications.
- Agile and LEAN work methods coupled with ITIL