Senior Project Planner
Location: Trondheim ID: HQ00008087
Senior Project Planner
- Responsible for development and management of all planning deliveries to the Project.
- Provide Schedule Risk modelling support to the Project as required.
- Ensure the proper application of all Corporate planning function processes and procedures, along with compliance checks of both Internal, Contractor and/or Alliance Partner planning deliverables as appropriate.
- The Senior Project Planner shall be part of a multidiscipline team and is expected to actively seek advice and perspectives from colleagues and leaders to develop a robust integrated schedule.
- He / she is expected to perform technical reviews as required, make schedule recommendations and flag potential threats and opportunities.
- It may be required to support planning related activities for other Business Units outside of Project deliveries, as directed by the Project Controls Manager.
- Develop and maintain a project specific WBS according to the Aker BP standard WBS methodology for each phase, that properly reflects the project scope, interfaces and execution methodology
- Liaise with the Project Controls Manager, Project Portfolio Planner, Estimating and/or Cost Disciplines in order to ensure proper alignment between Cost/Estimate and Schedule both in assigned projects and across the wider portfolio
- Develop integrated project schedules and set performance baselines according to corporate requirements
- Build and run schedule risk models and provide schedule risk reports at relevant points in the project or sub-project (at a Decision Gate or as part of a Baseline Schedule Revision exercise for example)
- Provide analysis and review of schedules supplied by contractor companies, internal corporate business units and/or alliance partners as appropriate
- Monitor, control and report project status at regular intervals throughout the project lifecycle
- Highlight potential schedule risks and/or opportunities and recommend mitigating or exploiting actions for each
- Provide input to the Long-Range Planning process as required by the Project Controls Manager
- Perform schedule close-out activities according to corporate requirements
- Set objectives and goals for his / her area of responsibility in order to contribute to achieving the objectives for the project to which they are assigned
- Any other Planning related activities as prescribed by the Project Manager(s)
- An engineering qualification to degree level is desirable but not essential
- Minimum of 5yrs experience in a similar senior project planning position (10yrs if no engineering qualification is possessed)
- Have an in-depth understanding of offshore development project execution methodology and the associated Decision Gate processes
- Be an advanced user of Industry Standard planning and scheduling software (Oracle Primavera, Safran etc)
- Have experience of building and running risk models using tools such as Primavera Risk Analysis, Deltek Acumen or Safran Risk