Senior Expert Production Engineer
Location: Stavanger ID: HQ00007382
Senior Expert Production Engineer
- Accountable for performing highly complex functional tasks / assignments and implementing original technical solutions.
- Provide discipline specific technical guidance as Local functional TA2
- Mentor less experienced employees.
- Deliver Production Technology projects.
- Contribute to top management reviews and functional strategies.
- Advise in the area of functional technical expertise within the organization.
- Develop new functional tools and workflows.
- Complete complex technical/professional assignments, tasks and projects with perfection and qualitty.
- Define individual objectives in line with the department objectives.
- Decide within area of responsibility in a more complex and dynamic environment.
- Apply proven workflows and deliver discipline specific workstreams within a project.
- Implement defined procedures, make contributions to improve the efficiency of specialist discipline workflows and plan specific discipline workstreams within projects.
- Keep abreast of industry and academic technology developments in the relevant fields.
- Identify, evaluate and propose innovative production technology strategies to enhance well performance.
- Interfacing with working interest partners, service companies, consultants, and regulatory agencies if and when required.
- Identify and evaluate key technical risks related to completions, inflow and outflow performance and identify and incorporate mitigations into the base plan for these well related risks.
- Provide production technology input for field development plans and assure appropriate review and assurance for all work done in these areas
- Share knowledge with other members in the team and lead pre-execution planning meetings and after action reviews.
- Recommend solutions to problems and concerns related to completion design and well operation.
- Compile and approve post job reports ensuring lessons learned are recorded and incorporated in future programs.
- Full integration of economic thinking in all projects and tasks.
- Identify need for performing laboratory testing to establish correct input parameters for further technical studies*
- remain updated and engaged with current industry innovation and technology advances and work to ensure this knowledge is incorporated into DigitUP and other company innovation developments
- Expertise in artificial lift technologies including those for gas lifting, electrical submersible pumps, and other.
- Design and optimization of artificial lift installation for specific projects and assets.
- Provide proposals for artificial lift completions under supervision by a senior engineer in liaison with other relevant departments.
- Provide optimization for artificial lift systems.
- Evaluate artificial lift equipment and software standardization.
- Perform integrated asset modelling with MBAL, PROSPER and GAP software.
- Perform analysis, design and optimization of completion and workovers for assigned assets and projects.
- Optimize well production through analysis and design of well completion and workovers.
- Review and analyse equipment and material selection. Advise, together with the laboratory, on required steel grades for different applications.
- Knowledge of flow assurance issues. Assist in the analysis of those and provision of solution for mitigation of FA issues together with FA advisors.
- Recommend and implement ways to improve well productivity.
- Knowledge in well stimulation design and execution. Be familiar with stimulation technologies.
- Fast identify needs for technical studies by use of "data level" as given from partner operated assets
- Knowledge of organization of Norwegian petroleum business and operators inhouse organization
- Working interdisciplinary and being able to identify need for studies and data, following this and initialize activities (studies and laboratory testing) achieving these data
- Work and behave as a single PT resource within both operating and partner operated fields. By this being able to take important descisions and give recommendations.
- Working role as TA2 within PT for Norway.
- University degree Master / Diplom Petroleum Engineering or related subject area
- Technical lead with extensive understanding of all elements within their discipline.
- Excellent knowledge of interdependencies.
- Experience with managing complex workflows with neighbouring disciplines.
- Extensive inventory of knowledge and work experience including an international posting.
- Track record of delivery across a range of reservoirs & countries worldwide.
- Cross department secondments within Petroleum Engineering.
- Leading Expert in at least 2 key Production Technology discipline area: (1) Completion & Workover, (2) Artificial Lift and Integrated Asset Modelling, (3) Stimulation, (4) Flow Assurance including Sand and Water Management, (5) Well Testing.
- Experience with MBAL, PROSPER, GAP and/or WELLCAT, NETool, and/or FracPro / Gohfer, and/or Multiscale.