Project Control Lead
Location: Stavnager ID: HQ00006436
Project Control Lead
- The Project Controls Lead provides direct support to Project Managers in ensuring that subsea tie-back projects obtains project controls support needed to achieve business and project goals and objectives.
- Responsible for overall schedule, CCE (Current Cost Estimate), planning, weight and cost estimation for the projects.
- Responsible for Monthly reporting.
- Provides functional guidance and mentoring to Planning and Cost Control Specialists.
- The Project Control Lead is responsible for the development of project control tools, systems, training, implementation, and follow-up to ensure proper utilization. The position reports to the Gjøa Subsea Development Manager.
- Develop and follow-up Projects cost and schedule plans and its implementation throughout projects.
- Monitor any deviation from the initial schedule and perform, and update current plan as required to provide the Project Managers with the best available decision basis.
- Alert the Project Managers of any schedule variance in comparison with progress forecast; propose and discuss solutions to optimize the schedule and mitigate delays.
- Develop Work Breakdown-structure (WBS) together with the Project Management Team and Project Coding Structures for the project
- Establish and follow-up cost control and forecasting methods and planning and scheduling practices
- Establish the initial budget structure, the Cost Breakdown Structure (CBS), in liaison with the Project Managers
- Establish the Project planning control process and progress measurement methodology; closely liaise with the Project Managers to ensure the effectiveness of planning and progress monitoring tools and process.
- Evaluate and ensure quality of Contractor/s project control procedures and processes
- Collect, consolidate, analyse and report of project scope, cost and schedule control information to ensure overall project status is assessed and potential problem areas identified for corrective action
- Project Reporting including key performance measures to track/report progress and trends
- Ensures ongoing effectiveness of project controls processes and systems
- Support development of Internal and external project stakeholder communication and review materials
- Participates in Project Procurement, Contracting, and Contract Administration activities to ensure they align with project controls processes and overall project objectives.
- Actively define and contribute in establishing and update baseline/CCE for the project
- Actively support and contribute to the project risk register / contingency allocation
- Alert the Project Managers of any budget deviation, assist in the analysis of the deviations, elaborate budget forecasts, with recommendations for contingencies management.
- Responsible for the project VO (Variation Order) Register
- Responsible for Monthly reporting
- MSc or BSc in Business Administration, Engineering or a technical certificate in Construction Management.
- Extensive experience within cost and schedule achievements in the upstream oil and gas industry
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to interact effectively with a variety of stakeholders
- Fluent in Norwegian and English