Technical Safety Engineer
Location: Stavanger ID: HQ00006345
Technical Safety Engineer
The Projects Technical Safety Engineer (TSE) is part of the Projects HSE team and reports to the Projects TSE Lead Norway.
- The incumbent team will be accountable for delivery of all technical safety deliverables from feasibility up to and including execution in consultation with the TSE lead and HSSE&SP Lead (AP) for the projects which they are allocated.
- For the allocated projects, the incumbent will closely work together with operations and engineering teams to ensure buy in on the concepts and smooth transition from design HSE cases into Operations HSE cases.
- Under Guidance of the TSE lead, the incumbent is not only accountable for the TSE deliverables for the individual projects, but is also expected to ensure that the cumulative TSE risk profile is managed to ALARP and the design HSE cases are integrated where needed and seamlessly link to the existing operations HSE cases
- Incumbent will support the project MoC process and FSR process, thus ensuring all changes are risk assessed
- The role will require physical presence in Norway for atleast 75% of the time in either Stavanger or Kristiansund Demonstrate Technical Leadership in the Project Teams
- Drive adherence to the HSSE & SP Control Framework, DEM2 and DEM1 Technical Safety requirements including the application of the Life Saving Rules for the projects which they are responsible for
- In coordination with the contractors, third party consultants and sub-contractors deliver process designs which demonstrate ALARP
- Ensure that the documentation to the above contractors correctly defines Technical Safety deliverables and requirements for each work package
- Work closely with the HSSE AP in delivering the HSSE & SP Activity Plan
- Implement and comply fully to Shells TSE standards
- Execute the Technical Safety scope within the Projects portfolio through proactive interaction with project engineers, discipline engineers and dedicated functional support
- Provide on the job training supporting existing TSE team Support TSE lead in:
- Ensuring maximization of standardization and replication.
- Ensuring consistent project status and performance reporting.
- Driving a culture of TQ performance across all projects
- Engendering a culture of continuous improvement by leverage of Knowledge management and best practice
- Ideally the candidate will have Business / Technology specific competencies in Fire Safety Layout, Consequence Modelling and QRA.
- 3-10 years experience in Technical Safety, Operational Safety, Process engineering or general HSE.
- Detailed knowledge and use of the RAM and Hazards and Effects Management Process (HEMP) including HSE Design Case and Operational Case development, Bow Tie development / analysis and ALARP demonstration
- Previous experience with development of Design Philosophies, F&G layouts, cause and effects and Hazardous Area Classification preferred
- Experienced in consequential assessment and results interpretation, hands on, FRED and SHEPHERD experience preferred
- Degree in Engineering or in a Process Safety related topic Experience in preparing for and facilitating HAZIDS, HAZOPS, SIL reviews, Process Safety Reviews etc Good communication and facilitation skills
- Previous experience working in Shell Projects team
- Prior experience on a large complex project preferred.
- Prior experience in working in or with asset operations and minor projects would be an advantage.
- Fluent in English, written and verbally. Successful candidates will have the following key attributes:
- Has a passion for HSE & Ethics & Compliance
- Team player
- Self starter with an infectious enthusiasm and drive to overcome significant challenges and keep pushing through barriers to deliver breakthrough performance
- Excellent analytical skills, able to organize & plan independently.
- Effective communicator at all levels in organization
- Excellent people skills including coach/mentor/develop.
- Maintaining high standards and discipline in work.
- Personal interest and passion for delivering Project Excellence